MedQuest College serves the Lexington and Louisville, Kentucky area communities. We offer accelerated healthcare training programs that cater towards students with busy lifestyles such as military connected students and their families. We strive to empower our students so they can become passionate about their contribution to the healthcare industry. We do this with a team of dedicated faculty and staff who are student centered. Our classrooms are replicated from professional medical environments. Students also receive a large portion of their instruction time through hands on learning that mimic situations that professionals in their desired career field face during day-to-day activities. MedQuest College is dedicated to not only education but job placement assistance for graduates as well, offering a lifetime of career services through our connections to medical facilities in the region. We know transitioning into civilian life can be difficult but we are here to provide guidance and structure.
MedQuest College is proud to work with veteran and military students. We offer VA Benefit approved degree and diploma programs to veterans, active service, National Guard and Reserve military members, as well as their spouses and dependents at our Louisville and Lexington, Kentucky campuses. The flexible programs offered at MedQuest accommodate all students by offering multiple class start dates and schedules, professional and structured hands-on learning environments, and a proven approach to career placement assistance for in-demand jobs. Whether you are looking to begin a new career or refine the skills you learned while serving our country, our programs will prepare you to enter the civilian workforce at an accelerated pace. Please reach out to our full-time VA Benefits Liaisons who are here to assist veterans and their dependents in accessing the veterans educational benefits and to answer any questions you may have.
MedQuest College is licensed by the Kentucky Commission on Proprietary Education. In addition, it is institutionally
accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES), a national accreditation commission recognized by the United States Department of Education, Washington D.C.
The institution is approved by the following:
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)
- Vocational Rehabilitation
- Trade Adjustment Act (TAA)
- Kentucky State Board of Dentistry
- Kentucky Commission on Proprietary Education
- Indiana State Department of Health Medical Radiology Services
- Better Business Bureau of Louisville, KY
- Greater Louisville, Inc.
- Department of Veterans Affairs – Veterans Administration (VA)
- Medical Billing and Coding : The Medical Billing and Coding ten month diploma program provides students with the opportunity to learn insurance coding, processing, medical administrative procedures, and regulatory requirements in the healthcare delivery system. This career path is perfect for those who enjoy the benefits of working in the medical field but would prefer no patient contact.
- Biomedical Equipment Technician (BMET) : MedQuest offers a two year Associate Degree of Applied Science in Biomedical Equipment Technology. BMETs are responsible for performing maintenance and safety checks, keeping repair logs, calibrating equipment, and testing parts on machines such as electronic wheelchairs, surgical robots and nuclear imaging. They are also responsible for reviewing training manuals and teaching medical professionals how to operate equipment. This career path is ideal for those who enjoy working with their hands and thinking through problems.
- Comprehensive Dental Assisting : This nine month diploma program allows students to earn a Comprehensive Dental Assisting Diploma. Students graduate MedQuest with the skills and training needed to perform the responsibilities of an Expanded Duties Dental Assistant (EDDA) giving each student an edge when starting their new career. EDDA’s are trained to work in all types of Dental Offices including specialty, working alongside Dentist to perform a vast array of procedures.
- Comprehensive Medical Assisting : This ten month diploma program allows students to earn a Comprehensive Medical Assisting Diploma. The program is offered in both our Louisville and Lexington campus and provides students with 70% hands-on instruction at an accelerated pace in our fully operational clinical labs. The extensive knowledge and skills learned throughout this program are utilized in many
healthcare settings. As a Medical Assistant you will be responsible for all aspects of patient care from the moment they arrive in your office.
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography : The Cardiovascular Sonography program offered at MedQuest College provides our students with the option to pursue a two year Associate Degree of Applied Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography. Cardiac Sonography is ultrasound used to produce images of the anatomy of a patient’s heart chambers, walls, valves and blood vessels. Vascular Sonography is ultrasound used to produce images of the patient’s veins and arteries. Images provided by the sonographer are used by the physician to diagnose
and treat various conditions. Sonographers are in high-demand in many medical facilities and are important members to any healthcare team.