Provide the primary office services and general clerical support for an office. Perform a full range of administrative, general clerical and typing activities.
• Operate office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, facsimile machines, voice mail systems, and personal computers.
• Answer telephones, direct calls, and take messages.
• Maintain and update filing, inventory, mailing, and database systems, either manually or using a computer.
• Communicate with customers, employees, and other individuals to answer questions, disseminate or explain information, take orders, and address complaints.
• Open, sort, and route incoming mail, answer correspondence, and prepare outgoing mail.
• Compile, copy, sort, and file records of office activities, business transactions, and other activities.
• Compute, record, and proofread data and other information, such as records or reports.
• Type, format, proofread, and edit correspondence and other documents, from notes or dictating machines, using computers or typewriters.
• Complete work schedules, manage calendars, and arrange appointments.
• Review files, records, and other documents to obtain information to respond to