PATH People Acting To Help, Inc.
Are you a role model for recovery? Offer living proof of wellness and able to encourage and celebrate wellness achievements? PATH is the perfect fit!
To promote the mission of PATH to help individuals achieve a more independent and fulfilling life by being an effective team member. To work as a team member to provide crisis intervention, support, safety plans and linkages to youth and families in Northeast Philadelphia, Region 1. As a CPS, will provide support and perspective as an individual with lived experience. The program operates 365 days/year, 24 hours/day.
PATH offers paid 7 paid holidays, paid vacation, sick and personal time and a PATH sponsored retirement plan (403b).
High School Diploma or GED; 1 year experience in the Behavioral Health system; PA Peer Specialist Certification; Valid Driver’s License and personal vehicle; Basic, Ability to use an Electronic Health Record; Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Provide crisis assessment, intervention, education, and support in person, with assigned team member, within a designated time frame to referrals received by DBH/CBH.
- As a CPS, share lived experience to connect with and provide support to individuals in crisis and aid in developing a crisis support plan.
- Utilize approved evidence-based practices and tools when providing crisis assessment and intervention, including SAMHSA crisis intervention guidelines and resolution models.
- Assure all interventions are person-centered and driven by the individual and their family/supports.
- Assist the family/supports, if release of information allows, in the understanding of the events that led to the crisis from everyone’s perspective.
- Assist the individual in obtaining and maintaining culturally appropriate basic living needs including but not limited to housing, food, medical care, recreation, and education through linkage to resources and additional supports.
- To provide follow-up care and/or transfer to other levels of care from the moment that an assessment is completed, and the plan has been developed.
- Assure appointments are scheduled at a time and place convenient for the individual.
- To complete or assist others in completing involuntary commitment petitions.
- To arrange and follow through with voluntary or involuntary hospitalization admissions.
To apply for this job please visit www.click2apply.net.