A legacy of military education.
A heritage of academic excellence.
Brandman University was born in 1958 when Chapman University, one of California’s oldest, most prestigious, nonprofit institutions, opened a campus at El Toro Marine Corps Air Station to serve the specific needs of military students. Today, Brandman is a separate, regionally accredited school within the Chapman University System, dedicated to serving the needs of all working students, military and civilians alike. Brandman adheres to the Executive Order 13607, establishing Principles of Excellence for Educational Institutions Serving Service Members, Veterans, Spouses, and Other Family Members: See more at: http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/principles_of_excellence.asp
Why is Brandman University the Right Fit
- Consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report for Best Online Bachelor’s Programs for Veterans
- Private, nonprofit and regionally accredited by WSCUC Senior College and University Commission
- High graduation/success rates, low loan default rates
- 46 credits for military experience (plus credit for CLEP & DSST)
- One-on-one academic coaching to keep you focused and on track
- Flexible time to degree, six 8-week terms annually to allow for continuous enrollment
- On campus and online programs
- Military Services Specialists ready to serve
- Recognized as a military friendly institution
Yellow Ribbon Program
Brandman participates in the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) GI Education Enhancement Program, otherwise known as the “Yellow Ribbon Program.” It is a provision of the Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008 that makes additional funds available for your education program without further charge to your GI Bill® entitlement. Through the program Brandman has made an agreement with the VA to split tuition expenses that may exceed the public in-state undergraduate tuition rate. Students are required to be 100% eligible to qualify for this benefit.
Students can utilize the various Chapters of the GI Bill® to pay for tuition. Whether or not a student will have out-of-pocket costs depends on which chapter of the GI Bill® is authorized. Some chapters pay the education benefit directly to the veteran, while others pay the education benefit directly to the school. More detailed questions should be directed to the VA for the most accurate answers concerning specific benefits.
For more information about our Veterans Programs:
Special course transfer opportunity for military leaders
EARN YOUR MASTER’S DEGREE IN ONLY 7 CLASSES
Transfer up to 15 credits towards the MAOL degree. The opportunity applies to active duty, active reserve, and retired or former service members with the following experience:
- Commissioned Officers
- Senior NCOs who are E7 or above
- Warrant Officers who are CWO2 and above
For more information:
If you would like more information about Brandman University or its programs, please feel free to contact our representative below and she will be happy to assist you: